Sunday, June 7, 2009

Course Overall so far

I have loved the course overall so far apart from the exhaustion that is bound to result from these three weeks. I do, however, think it is totally worth it. :)
I am glad our schedule is packed, but it would be nice not to feel so rushed so many days during the week.
The experiences of getting a true look at Cherokee culture have been awesome. When and where else are you going to have a chance to play stickball and marbles, attend Sunday School or worship service led in the Cherokee language, or attend a Stomp Dance?
Everyone we have visited with in the Cherokee Nation has been friendly and kind, welcoming us with open arms. Sadly, I cannot say the same of every other place I have been throughout my life.
I suppose I could go into more detail, but I kind of want to save it for my final posting. I will just say that I have had a blast so far and am extremely glad I took this opportunity to study abroad in the Cherokee Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment